I had been thinking that a Quinoa and Corn chowder would taste pretty nice when soon there after Small Footsteps over at Reduce Footprints posted her monthly vegan recipe and it was none other that a Quinoa Corn Chowder! Perfect timing! Using the recipe she posted here as a starting point, I cooked up a batch of yummy creamy Quinoa Corn Chowder yesterday afternoon.
- Here is what I did different from the original recipe:
- Used red quinoa
- Added an extra 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin towards the end
- Added about an 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne
- Used several small yellow potatoes to equal the one large red called for
- I made sure I used an unsweetened ORGANIC soy milk, I used Eden brand unsweetened which is nice and rich and creamy without a bunch of additives
- I completely forgot the lime wedges, but might try them for lunch today
- I let the chowder cook for closer to 20 minutes after adding the quinoa
- before adding the red bell pepper I pureed 3/4 of the soup in the blender, then added it back in with the rest of the soup and continued on with the recipe
This soup was spectacular! I know I will be make it regularly. Thanks Small Footprints!