Strolling along the beach near my home this morning I happened upon a wonderful and rare piece of sea glass. A rich brown multi-ridged bottle neck, frosted beautifully from constant contact with its sandy, rocky, watery environs, but still some how unbroken – complete. I eagerly picked it up, starting to brush the bits of shell and seaweed from inside it, but they were stuck in place. Upon closer observation I discovered a mussel, not much larger than my thumb nail, in the midst of the seaweed and shells, its long coarse byssus threads attaching it to the inside of the bottle neck. I could have been disappointed that I would have to leave this treasure behind, having a standing agreement with myself and mother nature to never knowingly take something that has become somethings home, but I found myself smiling as I set it back down, discovering the greater treasure was that someone else had already, ingeniously and wondrously, claimed it as its own.
- Moved to New Website
- Crystal Treasures From March 7, 2014
- February Card, Crystals and Flower Essence
- Connecting with Mama Gaia in January
- Tarot Affirmation for January 12, 2014
- Tarot Affirmation for January 8, 2013
- The Good Shit
- The Signs
- Giving Them Back – Earth Treasures Returned to the Earth
- In Which I…Ah Frick-It. Just Read It!