Of several buildings in the Belltown area, my apartment building was chosen for the initial stage of a roof-top gardening pilot project. The project will study the feasibility of roof-top gardening as part of an urban agriculture policy for Seattle. Four large planters will be set up in various locations in the complex and are scheduled to be installed next week. I and another tenant will be tending the plantings and keeping track of data, with the hope of getting more tenants involved in the future. I’m especially happy that we have arranged for the food from the plantings to be donated to a local food bank. It’s exciting to be a part of this team and I look forward to seeing Seattle move ahead in coming up with a policy that increases our local food security. Perhaps someday we’ll see food growing on every roof around the city and every free space in between!
- Moved to New Website
- Crystal Treasures From March 7, 2014
- February Card, Crystals and Flower Essence
- Connecting with Mama Gaia in January
- Tarot Affirmation for January 12, 2014
- Tarot Affirmation for January 8, 2013
- The Good Shit
- The Signs
- Giving Them Back – Earth Treasures Returned to the Earth
- In Which I…Ah Frick-It. Just Read It!